Notre Dame Graduation
Ontario Secondary School Diploma Requirements
The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) will be awarded to students who successfully complete 30 credits including 18 compulsory credits and 12 optional credits. Such credits will be based on the discipline specific expectations and assessment policies as set out in the provincial curriculum policy documents.
In addition, a student must complete 40 hours of Christian Community Service, successfully complete the Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Requirement and successfully a Religion credit each year.
The following lists the 18 compulsory credit requirements:
- 4 credits in English
- 3 credits in Mathematics (at least 1 credit in Grade 11 or 12)
- 2 credits in Science
- 1 credit in French as a second language
- 1 credit in Canadian History
- 1 credit in Canadian Geography
- 1 credit in the Arts
- 1 credit in Health and Physical Education
- .5 credit in Civics
- .5 credit in Career Studies
- 40 hours Christian Community Service Successful completion
- The Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Requirement
- 1 additional credit in English or a Third Language or Social Sciences and the Humanities or Canadian and World Studies
- 1 additional credit in Health and Physical Education or the Arts or Business Studies
- 1 additional credit in Science (Grade 11 or 12) or Technological education (Grades 9 – 12)
All students are required to take a Religious Education course in each year of secondary school.